Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Substance Use Rates Smoking – Daily Smoking Rates The following table looks at the self-reported adult daily smoking rate in the Niagara Regional Area Health Unit. Figures are expressed as a percentage of the population. Self-Reported Adult Daily Smoking Rate,...
Federal Election The following table shows the voter turnout (percentage of registered voters who cast a ballot) in each of Niagara’s electoral districts in the 2015 Federal Election. Comparative figures are also shown for overall voter turnout in Niagara and...
The ability of people to access various modes of transportation in our rural-urban mix region is fundamental to prosperity and wellbeing for all. Niagara’s attractiveness as a place to live, work, learn, play, visit, put down roots, raise a family...
Source: Statistics Canada Retrieved From: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/labor35-eng.htm Of the total labour force of 218,600 in the St. Catharines-Niagara CMA, 203,100 were employed in 2016, up from a recession period low of 181,100 in May and June of 2009. The unemployment rate...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.