Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Economic Performance and Growth In 2015, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) of Canada released its final report “…as part of an overall holistic and comprehensive response to the Indian Residential School legacy…”. The TRC report includes 94 Calls to...
Volunteer Canada provides information about the value of volunteers’ time, citing a TD Economics resource, An Economist’s Case for Volunteering: volunteering creates $50 billion in annual economic value for Canadians”, which includes the following information: To illustrate the economic value...
ihub – The District School Board of Niagara hosts the Educational Research & Innovation Hub (ihub) in partnership with Brock University, Niagara College and Innovate Niagara. ihub facilitates collaboration among educators, students, parents, researchers, industry leaders, and ihub Portfolio Companies....
Cost of Gasoline The following chart provided by www.GasBuddy.com shows the average retail price of gasoline in Canada and Ontario, for 2016 and 2017. Source: GasBuddy. (2017). Price Charts. Retrieved from: https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts Public Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Niagara The...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.