Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
A sense of community belonging is vital to the health, wellbeing and prosperity of individuals, families, neighbourhoods and our region as a whole. Social engagement and interaction among people of all ages in Niagara brings us together to build a...
The presence and creative expressions of the arts, culture and heritage provide vibrancy for the community and an atmosphere of vitality, diversity and inclusion. National Context The Canadian Index of Wellbeing 2016 national report shows that the arts and culture...
The Niagara Region Transportation Master Plan Needs and Opportunities Report (August, 2016) summary states the following: As Niagara Region evolves, transportation demands are growing and becoming more complex: The region’s population and employment base will grow substantially by 2041, mostly...
The following chart shows the number of immigrants in the St. Catharines – Niagara Census Metropolitan Area (CMA), by decade, from 1971 to 2011. Source: Statistics Canada. (2013, May 8). Religion (108), immigrant status and period of immigration (11), age...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.