Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
The 2016 Canadian Index of Wellbeing (CIW) National Report tracks Indicators from 1994 to 2014, across 8 Domains that align with the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors. The CIW includes community belonging indicators in the Community Vitality, Time Use, and...
Our health is determined by the conditions in which we are born, grow, learn, live, work and age. Strong cross-Sectoral linkages exist between Health and Wellness and all other Living in Niagara Sectors. There is an increasing focus on making...
ihub – The District School Board of Niagara hosts the Educational Research & Innovation Hub (ihub) in partnership with Brock University, Niagara College and Innovate Niagara. ihub facilitates collaboration among educators, students, parents, researchers, industry leaders, and ihub Portfolio Companies....
Ontario Literacy Association Niagara (OLAN) is a professional organization devoted to enhancing the language and literacy experiences of individuals across the life span. In May, 2015 OLAN hosted a Spring into Reading Festival in Niagara Falls, for children in preschool...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.