Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Our health is determined by the conditions in which we are born, grow, learn, live, work and age. Strong cross-Sectoral linkages exist between Health and Wellness and all other Living in Niagara Sectors. There is an increasing focus on making...
Agriculture Approximately 64% of the land in the Niagara peninsula is agricultural, and about 21% is rural wooded or natural. The remaining 15% is considered urban (major centres being St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland). Urban growth is expected to...
People doing paid and unpaid work contribute to economic growth and Niagara’s overall living standard. The capacity of individuals and their families to participate in the economy and community is related to access to quality jobs, workers’ ability to make...
The Niagara Region Transportation Master Plan Needs and Opportunities Report (August, 2016) summary states the following: As Niagara Region evolves, transportation demands are growing and becoming more complex: The region’s population and employment base will grow substantially by 2041, mostly...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.