Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Economic Performance and Growth In 2015, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) of Canada released its final report “…as part of an overall holistic and comprehensive response to the Indian Residential School legacy…”. The TRC report includes 94 Calls to...
The 2016 Canadian Index of Wellbeing (CIW) National Report, cited in the Sense of Community Belonging Indicator in this Sector shows that in 2014, 54.7% of Canadians believe most or many people can be trusted, up from 47.7% in 2008. The...
People doing paid and unpaid work contribute to economic growth and Niagara’s overall living standard. The capacity of individuals and their families to participate in the economy and community is related to access to quality jobs, workers’ ability to make...
Contact details for Employment Ontario Service Providers in Niagara; the 5 Social Assistance and Employment Opportunities (SAEO) office locations operated by Niagara Region Community Services; and other related service providers are available on the Linking Niagara website at http://linkingniagara.ca/hiring-services/ Adult...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.