Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Substance Use Rates Smoking – Daily Smoking Rates The following table looks at the self-reported adult daily smoking rate in the Niagara Regional Area Health Unit. Figures are expressed as a percentage of the population. Self-Reported Adult Daily Smoking Rate,...
The following table shows the number of Canadian tax filers in the St. Catharines – Niagara CMA (Census Metropolitan Area) from 2007 to 2015, the number and proportion of charitable donors among tax filers, and the average age of charitable...
Having access to recreation and sport facilities and participation opportunities enriches the lives of residents of all ages, and helps to attract visitors to Niagara. There are strong links between this Sector and many others, most notably Health and Wellness,...
The 2016 Canadian Index of Wellbeing report shows that housing is becoming less affordable for Canadians, as they devote a greater proportion of their net income to meet their housing needs. Despite increases in family incomes between 1994 and 2014,...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.