Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Costs of Garbage Disposal Total Cost to Dispose of a Tonne of Waste The table below overviews the total cost for solid waste disposal per tonne for all property classes (residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional) for Niagara three comparison municipalities...
Agriculture Approximately 64% of the land in the Niagara peninsula is agricultural, and about 21% is rural wooded or natural. The remaining 15% is considered urban (major centres being St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland). Urban growth is expected to...
The Niagara Sport Commission (NSC) operated from June, 2009 to October, 2017 as a regional development agency using sport as a catalyst for economic (sport tourism) and community (active healthy lifestyle programs) development within the Niagara Region. NSC was dedicated...
EQAO testing provides a regular snapshot of Ontario elementary and secondary student achievement in reading, writing and math. Results for the 2015-2016 school year can be found at the following links. District School Board of Niagara https://eqaoweb.eqao.com/eqaoweborgprofile/profile.aspx?_Mident=83&Lang=E Niagara Catholic District School...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.