Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Climate Change Planning The Canadian Index of Wellbeing 2016 National Report – How Are Canadians Really Doing? Shows that, between 1994 and 2014 in Canada: Residential use of energy has reduced by 20%, with 82% of Canadians taking measures to...
Contribution of Cultural Tourism to the Economy Statistics Canada reports the GDP of each province and industry. The following table shows the culture GDP and number of culture jobs in Ontario between 2010 and 2014. The difference between Culture GDP...
The following table shows the number of motor vehicle collisions that occurred in Niagara in 2014. Collisions are divided into class of collision and fatalities or injuries. Also included are the number of registered vehicles in that year. These statistics...
Brock University, located in St. Catharines, is home to just over 18,500 students. The majority of students (over 90 percent) are enrolled in undergraduate programs. Just over 25 per cent of Brock students are from Niagara, 40 per cent from...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.