Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Agriculture Approximately 64% of the land in the Niagara peninsula is agricultural, and about 21% is rural wooded or natural. The remaining 15% is considered urban (major centres being St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland). Urban growth is expected to...
The presence and creative expressions of the arts, culture and heritage provide vibrancy for the community and an atmosphere of vitality, diversity and inclusion. National Context The Canadian Index of Wellbeing 2016 national report shows that the arts and culture...
The ability of people to access various modes of transportation in our rural-urban mix region is fundamental to prosperity and wellbeing for all. Niagara’s attractiveness as a place to live, work, learn, play, visit, put down roots, raise a family...
Focus on Youth Retention U35 (Under 35) is a community partnership focused on developing a strategy to attract and retain young talent in Niagara. In response to a 2009 Niagara Community Observatory policy brief entitled The Young Are the...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.