Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Life Expectancy in Niagara Life expectancy data is available for the HNHB LHIN (Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Local Health Integration Network). Figures in this table are expressed in years. Life Expectancy at Birth, 2000-2009 2000-02 2005-07 2006-08 2007-09 HNHB LHIN...
Volunteer Canada provides information about the value of volunteers’ time, citing a TD Economics resource, An Economist’s Case for Volunteering: volunteering creates $50 billion in annual economic value for Canadians”, which includes the following information: To illustrate the economic value...
Creating strong education systems and equitable access to lifelong learning opportunities is foundational to Niagara’s growth and prosperity. National Context: The 2016 Canadian Index of Wellbeing report shows that between 1994 and 2014: advances in education in Canada have matched...
In the 2014-2015 school year, there were 61,142 students enrolled in the 4 publicly-funded school boards in Niagara. The District Conseil scolaire Viamonde is the French-language public school board covering the central south-western region of Ontario, including Niagara. Conseil...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.