Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Federal Election The following table shows the voter turnout (percentage of registered voters who cast a ballot) in each of Niagara’s electoral districts in the 2015 Federal Election. Comparative figures are also shown for overall voter turnout in Niagara and...
National Context The 2016 Canadian Index of Wellbeing (CIW) National Report tracks Indicators from 1994 to 2014, across 8 Domains that align with the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors. The CIW includes community safety indicators in the Community Vitality Domain....
The following chart shows the number of immigrants in the St. Catharines – Niagara Census Metropolitan Area (CMA), by decade, from 1971 to 2011. Source: Statistics Canada. (2013, May 8). Religion (108), immigrant status and period of immigration (11), age...
People doing paid and unpaid work contribute to economic growth and Niagara’s overall living standard. The capacity of individuals and their families to participate in the economy and community is related to access to quality jobs, workers’ ability to make...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.