Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Overall Crime Rates and Violent Crime Rates The violent crime rate includes the category of violent offences which involve the use of force or threat against a person. The following table and graph illustrate the reported number of violent criminal...
Agriculture Approximately 64% of the land in the Niagara peninsula is agricultural, and about 21% is rural wooded or natural. The remaining 15% is considered urban (major centres being St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland). Urban growth is expected to...
In the 2014-2015 school year, there were 61,142 students enrolled in the 4 publicly-funded school boards in Niagara. The District Conseil scolaire Viamonde is the French-language public school board covering the central south-western region of Ontario, including Niagara. Conseil...
Cost of Gasoline The following chart provided by www.GasBuddy.com shows the average retail price of gasoline in Canada and Ontario, for 2016 and 2017. Source: GasBuddy. (2017). Price Charts. Retrieved from: https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts Public Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Niagara The...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.