Or download the Living in Niagara Summary Report.
It is an exciting time to live here. Together, we can make Niagara even better!
Volunteer Canada provides information about the value of volunteers’ time, citing a TD Economics resource, An Economist’s Case for Volunteering: volunteering creates $50 billion in annual economic value for Canadians”, which includes the following information: To illustrate the economic value...
Calls to Police for Domestic Violence The Niagara Regional Police Service 2015 and 2016 Annual Reports provide information on reported domestic related incidents in 2015. Domestic Related Incidents in 2015 – 2016 2015 2016 Domestic related reports 8,456 10,918 Domestic...
Housing Demand Trends The CMHC Housing Market Information Portal provides a powerful, nation-wide visualization of housing market trends. Source: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) Retrieved From: https://www03.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/hmiportal/en For 2016, the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) reported exceptionally...
Workforce Planning The Niagara Workforce Planning Board (NWPB) is one of 26 similar boards covering four regions in Ontario. These boards are funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education & Skills Development under Employment Ontario. NWPB’s mandate is to gather...
Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network of people working together to plan, learn, innovate and lead community action toward a stronger future for Niagara. Niagara Connects engages diverse players to collaboratively build evidence-informed action plans for transformative socio-economic change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
- Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
- Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Publisher: Niagara Connects
Editor: Mary Wiley, Executive Director, Niagara Connects
Niagara Research and Planning Council o/a Niagara Connects Board Members:
Anne Hepplewhite, Chair; Jayne Morrish, Secretary; Melenie Neamtz, Treasurer; Charles Conteh, Director; Clare Cameron, Director; Duncan MacDuff, Director; Majid Hassas, Director; Monika Seymour, Director
Thank you to:
- Community Expert Opinion Leaders in each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors,
for sharing data, information, and knowledge to strengthen this report
- Niagara Connects Board Members for guiding overall direction of the report
- Niagara Connects team members: Sarah Webster (Sr. Knowledge Broker);
Sara Johnston (Resources Coordinator); Paul Connor (Economics Advisor);
and Catherine Mindorff-Facca (Sr. Associate; retired)
- Niagara Community Foundation for financially supporting production of this report
- Spritz Creative for design, website, IT, and Launch Video support
GENERATING KNOWLEDGE THAT DRIVES COMMUNITY ACTION.